- Food items – GREATEST NEEDS: canned meats, healthy snacks, low-sugar cereal
- Fresh produce – fruits and vegetables
- Financial Contributions-may be designated for food or financial assistance; checks should be made out to the Bowie Interfaith Pantry or Bowie Food Pantry
- Personal Care Items – travel size items as well as regular size shampoo, lotion, soap, deodorant
We cannot accept expired food items.
Groups and individuals are encouraged to join our Adopt-a-Shelf Program. You would be responsible for helping to keep the shelf stocked throughout the year. This can be done by collection of the adopted food item or by providing financing for the purchase of item.
James and Helen Bates – Canned/dry goods
Bowie Apostolic Ministries, International – Pasta
Bowie Ice Arena – Soup
Bowie Lions Club – Desserts/Meats
Bowie Victory Christian Ministries International – Soup
Citadel Cathedral of Prayer International – Soup
Faith Fellowship Church – Tuna fish/Cereal
Fragrance of Grace, International – RIce
Greater Bowie Chamber of Commerce – Peanut Butter
Greater Mt, Nebo A. M. E. Church/Sharing is Caring – Cereal
The Herring Sisters – Granola Bars
Jack and Jill of America GSM – Cereal
Jack and Jill of America Prince George’s County – Canned vegetables
Ladies of Bowie – Canned/dried beans, canned fruit
Love A. M. E. – Low/no sodium vegetables
Mount Oak United Methodist Church – Canned fruit/Applesauce
Northridge Community – Tomato products
Perfecting Worship Center – Pasta/Applesauce
St. Barnabas Episcopal Church – Beef stew
Sweetheart Wedding Vows – Personal Care items
Top Ladies of Distinction Prince George’s County Chapter – Peanut Butter
Trinity Lutheran Church – Spaghetti Sauce
United Parish of Bowie – Rice
ALL SHELVES/FOOD ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION. Due to the number of people coming to the pantry for food, no one group is expected to keep the shelf stocked for the month.
The Bowie Interfaith Pantry and Emergency Aid Fund is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. All donations are tax deductible. Receipts are available at the pantry.
We DO NOT have any volunteer opportunities available at this time.
Volunteer opportunities will be listed in our Newsletter.
Drop Off Sites in Bowie
- Pantry during open hours only
- Bowie Senior Center
- Bowie Gymnasium
- Long and Foster (NOW in Crofton)
- PNC Bank (Rt. 450 and Stonybrook Drive)
- ASAP Dry Cleaners (Marketplace)
- Weichert Realtors